What if you adopted a new business habit each month? Not just any habits, but habits that would help you focus on the activities that create results. Would that make a difference to your income?
By the end of the year you’d not only have twelve new habits that increase your personal effectiveness but also a much more powerful business.
You may be wondering what sorts of business habits would be helpful to adopt. Here are some examples:
- Set your top 3-5 daily intentions for the next day before going to bed. (These are most powerful if they’re based on your weekly, monthly and/or yearly goals.)
- For the first hour or two of your day, work on your top two profit-making activities ONLY. Do this before looking at emails or administrative tasks etc.
- Read and answer emails during specified blocks of time. i.e. 15 min. at 12 noon and 5 pm.
- Only answer the phone and return phone calls during specified blocks of time.
- Create an informative, valuable piece of content – article, video, or audio – each day and publish it to directories etc.
- Interact with prospects and customers on your social media sites for 10-15 minutes a day.
Note: While these examples may work for some businesses, it’s up to you to decide if they’ll work for your business. You may need to modify them based on the nature of your business.
Adopt the new habit and fine-tune it throughout the month. If you have a few set-backs, don’t worry – just chalk it up as learning.
Your turn. What activity, if you did it each day, would make the biggest difference to your business?